Apprentice Manager at Aldi

Penrith

8.6/10

Every day is different working at Aldi. Daily tasks vary from controlling the safe, doing orders and managing people. For only being 20 I am already a deputy manager with responsibilities I thought I would never have at such a young age.

I have gained a level 3 qualification in retail management through my college work, while gaining a alcohol licence through Aldi its self. personally it has developed me as a person gaining confidence to solve problems myself and become a leader as well as using my own initiative.

The work is challenging as Aldi as a company have a great work ethic and management take a great say in how the company will succeed. I work with great colleagues and enjoy my work. The apprenticeship takes a lot of dedication but you really see the benefits from the work you put in.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 2 roles at Aldi

4. How valued do you feel by Aldi?

I feel very valued. I get on very well with management and I feel like an integral part of there plans. I also worked very close with my college tutor and always had something challenging me so I could progress in my job as well as my self as a person.

From the start the induction is great meeting new starters and your college tutor on the first day. Through out my time I was up to date on my training and supported my my tutor, manager and fellow apprentice. I would have regular meetings to get updates on my progress and to see how I was feeling.

I had a college meeting once a month and I was able to contact them when ever I needed help. They worked at a fast pace and allowed me plenty of time to do assinments.

Management are very helpful providing full training and gaining feedback on a day to day basis. I also had meetings at head office so we could get our views across as well them getting keeping us up to date with changes and our progress.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 2 roles at Aldi

I was on a very good rate for an apprentice at my age having just left school and it has increased as I have progressed. I was able to buy my own car and pay insurance as well as pay a small amount of rent.

They hold company days where you can go look around the head office and the warehouse as well as fun activities where people can take their families and have a fun day out. They also hold competitions, such as at Christmas time the store with the best display can with some money towards a day out which the store can use for team bonding events. They also have good initiatives such as biking to work schemes.

9a. Would you recommend Aldi to a friend? *

Great job with the days always going fast, along with good money and a great chance to progress.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Aldi? *

Be yourself and be prepared for a challenge. Not your usual job for a shop. People skills will go a long way communication is a vital part of the job.