1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
basic tasks such as communicating with others in the business, solving engineering problems.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
HNC/HND Engineering systems Cryogenic awareness course Health and safety course
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Programme is very enjoyable and a very interesting place of work. The benefits that the company offer exceed expectations from an apprenticeship scheme
4. How valued do you feel by Leonardo?
Everything and any task that you complete gratitude is shown by every level of management either by verbal appreciation or bonuses.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The apprenticeship scheme is a very structured programme and is very clear to see how individual progress is being made and where you stand in the scheme.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Training within the programme is excellent and covers more than enough to be able to complete the programme
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Employer offers many levels of support either from training managers or apprentice manager, they are easily contactable and will help with any problems faced
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
the salary could be slightly increased in terms of performance related increases.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
charity events and company activities are one of the strongest points in the apprenticeship programme.
9. Would you recommend Leonardo to a friend?
The overall experience as an apprentice has shown me that the company still values its lowest level workers and treats them with respect the same as the highest level in the company.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Leonardo?
apply early as there is a large competition