Retail management apprenticeship at Aldi

Wirral North West
May 2015

9.3/10

In my first year of my Retail management apprenticeship I have took on the role as a 'store assistant' which is the basic role in a ALDI store, in this role you must work everything on the shop floor for example bread, produce, chiller, tills and the ambient if you are on a late shift, as well as keeping availability to its highest standard to ensure there is as much stock as possible to sell and supply the customers needs. I am very excited to move onto the next step of my apprenticeship.

I have always been a confident person but ALDI has grew my confidence more, meeting 100's of new people everyday has helped my confidence grow as well as devolving my people skills and now I feel like I have excellent customer service because of this.

I think it has been a great experience for me so far, everyone in ALDI are lovely friendly people, as well as helping all the customers coming into the store and getting a range of different compliments from them all, overall I can't wait to move on to the next stage.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 3 roles at Aldi

4. How valued do you feel by Aldi?

I feel like I am a very important part of the team, I have been trained well by the managers and learnt a lot, I also feel respected by the store assistants as they know I will soon be training in my management so I feel like an important member of the team overall.

I think as a whole it is well organised but there could be a few improvements to it as I don't understand what's actually happening at the end of this first year with the college that I am working with and neither do the other apprentices I know.

My training provider comes in every few weeks to review my work and progress, I have her contact details if I ever feel the need to contact her which I feel like is an important thing.

My employer gives me a lot of support as I have a disability and he as well as the other managers always ask how I'm feeling and I know they will do anything to help me if needed.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 3 roles at Aldi

I feel like my salary is very reasonable especially for an apprenticeship.

I work my hours mostly in 3/4 days with longer shifts so I can have more days off which is always great but with ALDI there isn't much socialising with your colleagues I have found.

9. Would you recommend Aldi to a friend?

It's been a great experience for me and I think it is an opportunity that shouldn't be missed out on.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Aldi?

Be who you are and enjoy your job, but you have to stick to it as ALDI a is a lot of hard work but at the end of the day you know you've done a good job.