Retail management apprenticeship at Aldi

Wirral

9.3/10

In my first year of my Retail management apprenticeship I have took on the role as a 'store assistant' which is the basic role in a ALDI store, in this role you must work everything on the shop floor for example bread, produce, chiller, tills and the ambient if you are on a late shift, as well as keeping availability to its highest standard to ensure there is as much stock as possible to sell and supply the customers needs. I am very excited to move onto the next step of my apprenticeship.

I have always been a confident person but ALDI has grew my confidence more, meeting 100's of new people everyday has helped my confidence grow as well as devolving my people skills and now I feel like I have excellent customer service because of this.

I think it has been a great experience for me so far, everyone in ALDI are lovely friendly people, as well as helping all the customers coming into the store and getting a range of different compliments from them all, overall I can't wait to move on to the next stage.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 2 roles at Aldi

4. How valued do you feel by Aldi?

I feel like I am a very important part of the team, I have been trained well by the managers and learnt a lot, I also feel respected by the store assistants as they know I will soon be training in my management so I feel like an important member of the team overall.

I think as a whole it is well organised but there could be a few improvements to it as I don't understand what's actually happening at the end of this first year with the college that I am working with and neither do the other apprentices I know.

My training provider comes in every few weeks to review my work and progress, I have her contact details if I ever feel the need to contact her which I feel like is an important thing.

My employer gives me a lot of support as I have a disability and he as well as the other managers always ask how I'm feeling and I know they will do anything to help me if needed.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 2 roles at Aldi

I feel like my salary is very reasonable especially for an apprenticeship.

I work my hours mostly in 3/4 days with longer shifts so I can have more days off which is always great but with ALDI there isn't much socialising with your colleagues I have found.

9a. Would you recommend Aldi to a friend? *

It's been a great experience for me and I think it is an opportunity that shouldn't be missed out on.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Aldi? *

Be who you are and enjoy your job, but you have to stick to it as ALDI a is a lot of hard work but at the end of the day you know you've done a good job.