Distribution Technician Apprentice at Network Rail

Raynes Park

Connect with Network Rail

9.0/10

First 9 months: Based in portsmouth learning about electrical priciples in a college like environment. After these first 9 month: Spend roughly 2 years at you designated depot learning hands on.

Many, and it has also pushed me to think of going into further education once my apprenticeship is finished (roughly 1 week)

I enjoyed the tuition, This section of the comment has been removed by a member of the RateMyApprenticeship Team because it did not meet our site terms and conditions Training company in the 2nd and 3rd year and meeting people in the first 9 months that will remain friends for life.

4. How valued do you feel by Network Rail?

I feel valued by the team that I work with but the fact that we go through the apprenticeship and no longer have a graducation ceremony is quite demorilising considering the huge amounts of reports that have been crammed into such a short time.

I also don't like how some apprentices can finish over a month earler than other purely down to when they have been picked to go and do their ILM course in Wales and isn't based on merit at all.

I liked how it is structured.

The support that I recieve is good.

The support that I recieve is good.

The salary is adequate for my situation.

Yes as I pick up many qualifications that are recognised outside of Network Rail.

9a. Would you recommend Network Rail to a friend? *

It's the best choice I've ever made

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Network Rail? *