Apprentice at Aldi

Netson
27th May 2015

3.6/10

I have a work schedule which I follow each day that involves picking goods, checking goods, tidying the picking area and running errands among other things.

I have not learnt any new skills we get told to do what ever the work schedule says or what the deputys say.

I enjoy the people in the team as well as the hours and pay. There are some jobs which are frustrating and I don't feel like I can do them as well as the others.

4. How valued do you feel by Aldi?

I feel like the apprentices main purposes here is to be used as cheap labour instead of being trained to work here and earn qualifications.

The programme is somewhat well structured with team heirachy but I often find I am given the bad jobs to do and we don't seem to learn anything about management in the company.

We only see them on a monthly basis to help us through a work book.

I have never asked the big bosses for any help or support because I have never had a problem worth taking to them. The team in my section will help me understand a task I am stuggling with.

The salary here is good for me at my age as I have lots of money to go out with as well as enough money to pay for my housekeeping.

Before I worked here I had finished school and I was working in a shop as well as doing volunteering at the same time so there are a few other opportunities out there I suppose.

9a. Would you recommend Aldi to a friend? *

I would recommend it to someone for a job but the apprenticeship doesn't seem to live up to what you would expect of an apprenticeship.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Aldi? *

Have a job at the time of application, have a lot of extra curricular activities under your belt and go to the interviews prepared and with a good attitude.