1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Day to Day running of the store, I was a store management apprentice and helped with the day to day running of the store, not that much responsibility is given to apprentices.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
developed skills in retail. gained NVQs in retail. Was not sent on any of the courses like other management such as first AID courses
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Great team. Company can be difficult to work for and not appreciated that much.
4. How valued do you feel by Aldi?
Can vary depending on the management, if i was honest i would say not to much.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Not very well. Nobody knew where i was up to and how much I had left or to do. Not very organised, could have been down to the amount of management change we faced.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I am in a lot of contact with the training company and they are always there if I have any questions or problems.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
They try there best but nobody really knows what I should be doing so therefore there is not much they can do at times
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Contract hours are low. can feel like you are part time when you have to stick to 25 hours a week.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There is not any company events are company activities. I am involved a lot with football and do this in my spare time
9a. Would you recommend Aldi to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
The money is better on an apprenticeship.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Aldi? *
Be careful, you need to understand that the hours are low and you can find yourself working as a normal store assistant for 3 years but you will have the qualifications.
More from AldiMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!