Risk Management Administrator at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

2009
Aldershot

7.3/10

Admin and phone responsibilities. Among various responsibilities, I receive calls from customers and employees that have accidents and raise claims for the damage that the Enterprise vehicles obtain.

I have learnt a few new skills since doing my apprenticeship. The most useful of these would be learning various methods of tracking future goals and targets.The work has been valuable and I have learnt new skills. I have had to re sit GCSE exams due to the length of time passed since I did these and that has helped me to develop my old skills

The work has been enjoyable and I feel happy when I am learning things that will be useful in the future. The course has been what I expected and my instructor has been organized with my assignments which has helped me keep interest.

4. How valued do you feel by Enterprise Rent-A-Car?

I work on a team of 8 people, which includes my coordinator and supervisor. As it is a small team, everything I do is valued a lot and this is reflective in my monthly reviews and acknowledgement from my supervisor by giving me increased responsibilities. I feel as a company on the whole, they should do a lot more to acknowledge the UK employees. The employees in the US have far more employee benefits and are able to gain discounts on a lot more than the UK employees are.

I am extremely happy with the way my mentor organizes my work. I am given a realistic amount of time between each meeting to complete the work set for me. I have been given enough support to allow me to progress through the program at my own speed.

I have had a few breaks from the program due to personal reason and on each time, my instructor was understanding and offered a alternative work arrangement which met my needs. In terms of work, it is clearly set what is required of me in each meeting we have, which I am more than happy with.

My manager and coordinator are extremely supportive of me doing the apprenticeship. my coordinator has previously completed one so they recognize the skills you can gain from completing it. I am given around an hour a week to complete work within work hours on top of the time I have outside of work.

I have just purchased my first house. Before this my salary was more than enough and mainly was spent on savings toward a house. Now I have a house my salary is enough to pay bills and daily cost such as food, but I don't really have any costs to cover the social aspect anymore.

Every few months the company offers charity work within the local community. I have been involved in a number of these events. I like doing these as I get a sense of achievement that I rarely get from my daily job. Various departments often play football against each other outside of work, which I sometimes am involved in.

9a. Would you recommend Enterprise Rent-A-Car to a friend? *

Although there are many things the company should do differently, I feel Enterprise Rent a Car is a good company to work for. they provide a lot of opportunity to grow individually as well as finding a lot of good people to work for them, which creates a nice work atmosphere.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Enterprise Rent-A-Car? *

Before applying, find out if anyone you know works for Enterprise Rent a Car as they have an employee referral program, where if an employee refers someone that is successful in gaining a job, they are given anywhere between £500 to £1500 depending on how many people they have referred. Obviously this could be shared with the applicant. away from that, I would recommend doing a bit of research on the company as it would benefit you when being interviewed.