Business Analyst at RBS

Edinburgh

Connect with RBS

8.0/10

My role is as a business analyst and includes working on projects to deliver better solutions for customers by mapping out processes efficiently.

Yes. I've improved a lot of my communication and stakeholder engagement skills. This is due to the amount of exposure that the role provides to senior leaders.

I enjoyed it very much as it gives me an opportunity to develop both within a role in an organisation and gain a professional qualification with no debt.

4. How valued do you feel by RBS?

I feel very valued as an apprentice because managers are very keen to help me develop and give me opportunities to do this. This makes me loyal to the organisation.

It is organised and structure - the only downfall is that the qualification studied towards is not at the level that I would want. E.g. not competetive towards market.

I receive all the support I need from training provider through on-site support from a work based assessor as well as on the phone or through online forums.

I receive support through specific time allocation to be able to complete my coursework as well as work allocation dependant on the unit I am studying.

Salary meets requirements very well and I am happy with what I am given dependant on the role I am doing. This also provides space for increase once I roll off.

Yes, there are many opportunities to get involved in activites/workstreams which are bank-wide such as associations and events.

9a. Would you recommend RBS to a friend? *

RBS is a major business in the UK and it is at a rise at the moment which is a great time to join as there are many opportunities and space for new ideas which apprentices can bring into the bank.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to RBS? *

Ensure to understand what area you will be put into the bank as part of the apprenticeship. RBS has a range of departments therefore I would encourage apprentices to discover these through work swaps and secondments.