Store Apprentice at Aldi

Liverpool
25th May 2015

8.9/10

During my first year at Aldi, I have been classed as a store assistant/ apprentice; my duties include, working stock, rotating stock, date checking, using a till, checking avaliability through out the store and maintaining health and safety. I have also been shown how to organise 'specials' aswel as completing an audit form to keep our store at its best.

I have developed my communication skills, time keeping, customer contact, leadership and teamwork skills whilst working with Aldi.

I enjoy my apprenticeship as I'm constantly busy. I work best under pressure and love a challenge which I can't get enough of in Aldi!

4. How valued do you feel by Aldi?

I feel highly valued by Aldi. I believe I make an impact on our store by working as part of a well managed and enthusiastic team. I would like to say I have a professional yet friendly relationship with all of my colleagues aswell as my management team.

My programme is well organised as I understand what I need to do to complete my units throughout my apprenticeship. I have a mentor that is determined for me to do well.

I gain a lot of support from my training provider.

I receive a lot of support from my employer. All of the management team are keen for me to do well, they always try and make my workload different each day so I have more of a clear understanding of the store.

I am pleased with my salary, I also think the Aldi benefits scheme is a great idea as it saves me money each month.

I can gain more knowledge and understanding of the store by reading my Store Assistant handbook aswell as the Management Training handbook. I believe this broadens my chances of getting far with Aldi.

9a. Would you recommend Aldi to a friend? *

They're a great company to work for with a great salary plus benefits. The staff are friendly and I feel very respected.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Aldi? *

I would say it's important to show that your enthusiastic, polite and a hard working individual.