Analyst at RBS

Connect with RBS

8.7/10

I have changed role since beginning my apprenticeship. I now work in Data and Analytics which is definitely a more interesting role than the one i had before. This is because, the role i had before had quite standardised tasks to do on a weekly, daily and monthly basis whereas working in Data and Analytics, the role varies day to day.

I have definitely learnt lots of important skills like stakeholder management and just generally improved my communication skills.

I have found the work side of the apprenticeship very interesting and i have learnt a variety of different skills. I would say though that the qualification side to my apprenticeship could have been better but overall i have really enjoyed my apprenticeship.

4. How valued do you feel by RBS?

I feel an extremely valued member of RBS and part of the business. I feel that everyone has a voice and is listened to.

I would say that, as previously mentioned, the qualification side to my apprenticeship could have been better but i feel that i have gained invaluable experience by being an apprentice and ultimately a job.

I would say that in the first 15 months the support from my learning provider was definitely lacking. But since i gained a new work based assessor, I could see that work that i was doing was being marked as before it was taking 6- 12 months to get anything marked!

I receive a fantastic amount of support from RBS, my line manager and my colleagues and am really happy to be working in such a great team.

The salary and package more than meets my expectations.

There are a large amount of sports clubs and events to go to outside of working hours at RBS.

9a. Would you recommend RBS to a friend? *

Because RBS are a company changing for the better and certainly represent something that i want to be a part of.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to RBS? *

I would say that you need to understand what the bank is about and what the bank wants to achieve and look past all of the past problems that the bank has faced.