HR Apprentice at M&G Investments

Connect with M&G Investments

8.2/10

Amongst other tasks I provide administrative support across the HR function. In particular I work alongside our HR Assistants to provide support across a wide range of tasks including new entrants, background screening and varied ad hoc tasks as required.

I have gained a greater knowledge of the financial sector and since joining M&G my confidence has increased. I am continuously learning new things and becoming more comfortable talking in front of large groups.

I really enjoy my job, it is exciting and challenging. The varied role means no two days are the same.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 1 role at M&G Investments

4. How valued do you feel by M&G Investments?

Very, I do not feel I am treated any different due to my age and lack of experience. I believe everyone wants me to succeed and will provide support wherever needed.

I feel I receive a lot of support, not only from my manager but other members of my team and department who are all very willing to take time out of their busy days to help me whenever I ask.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 1 role at M&G Investments

A very competitive salary for an apprentice.

Yes, primarily through the Investment 2020 programme. M&G also have a large sports and social committee who organise events on a regular basis.

9a. Would you recommend M&G Investments to a friend? *

I believe it is a great opportunity for school leavers looking for a way into the financial services without going to university. I am working towards an industry recognised qualification whilst being paid a salary. M&G has a very relaxed and friendly culture which has allowed me to settle in well.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to M&G Investments? *

Research the company and the industry. Ensure you understand the role you have applied for and prepare some questions to ask within the interview. The interviewers understand you are young and do no expect you to have all the knowledge in the world. Showing a strong work ethic and being proactive will be recognised.