1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Amongst other tasks I provide administrative support across the HR function. In particular I work alongside our HR Assistants to provide support across a wide range of tasks including new entrants, background screening and varied ad hoc tasks as required.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have gained a greater knowledge of the financial sector and since joining M&G my confidence has increased. I am continuously learning new things and becoming more comfortable talking in front of large groups.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I really enjoy my job, it is exciting and challenging. The varied role means no two days are the same.
4. How valued do you feel by M&G Investments?
Very, I do not feel I am treated any different due to my age and lack of experience. I believe everyone wants me to succeed and will provide support wherever needed.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I feel I receive a lot of support, not only from my manager but other members of my team and department who are all very willing to take time out of their busy days to help me whenever I ask.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
A very competitive salary for an apprentice.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes, primarily through the Investment 2020 programme. M&G also have a large sports and social committee who organise events on a regular basis.
9. Would you recommend M&G Investments to a friend?
I believe it is a great opportunity for school leavers looking for a way into the financial services without going to university. I am working towards an industry recognised qualification whilst being paid a salary. M&G has a very relaxed and friendly culture which has allowed me to settle in well.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to M&G Investments?
Research the company and the industry. Ensure you understand the role you have applied for and prepare some questions to ask within the interview. The interviewers understand you are young and do no expect you to have all the knowledge in the world. Showing a strong work ethic and being proactive will be recognised.
More from M&G InvestmentsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!