Portfolio Manager at RBS

Competitive
22nd May 2015

Connect with RBS

8.7/10

On a daily basis I work in the commercial support team specifically in the commercial account opening team in Manchester. Everyday is different as new challenges can occur at anytime.

I've developed my personal developments skills incredibly over the last 5 months. The programme has improved my confidence wwhislt my competence of understanding the banking sector.

My programme is fanatastic due to the opportunities I have been given to develop my professional knowledge and experience of banking. Without this course i dont know what I'd done without the course.

4. How valued do you feel by RBS?

Very valued as they've paid for my apprenticeship to Birmingham, however I think they need to be more organied when providing training, as some line managers haven't been given the training to help support members of staff who have no banking background/knowledge

There is too much workbook's for the BPP side. The process at the start is slow to get into a rythmm so I would suggest that we need to organise better the beginning stage of the apprenticeship.

My training provider are very helpful as they've provided me with all the relevant workbooks in order to study for the competence side of my apprenticeship.

They are giving a fantastic opportunity to young people to learn the banking sector and my support from them was great. I would advise that we are given a rbs mentor from the early careers team aswell as having our line manager.

Very sufficentas I have never had so much money in my life, however I dont know what to spend it all on. I would suggest a 5% increase if possible.

Yes, get involved in community events but apart from that not much else. Also we HAD to take part in Micro Tyco challenege which I thought was unfair as it shouldnt have been a compulsory event.

9a. Would you recommend RBS to a friend? *

Great place to work, fantastic salary for someone of my age. Wonderful learning experience, hopefully the bank should continue to operate and develop its apprenticeships.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to RBS? *

Show confidence at the interview stages as I didn't have A- levels or work experience. I just showed motivation and willingness to learn more about banking. Which possibly impressed my assessor.