Project co-ordinator at CGI

Leatherhead
Sponsored Degree Programme

Connect with CGI

7.4/10

I am currently working as a project co-ordinator - this involves looking after project resourcing, finance, risks, progress reports and status reports.

As a member of CGI's sponsored degree programme, I am undertaking a BA Hons Business Management degree which has strengthened my academic skills. In the workplace, I have also undertaken internal training courses relating to software development as well as external training courses for Microsoft office products.

I believe this programme offers a lot of opportunities, especially to school leavers. Members are very understanding of our position as University students and are very accommodating when it comes to the need for flexibility within the business roles.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with CGI so far.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 5 roles at CGI

4. How valued do you feel by CGI?

I feel very valued by the organisation, they have invested a lot of time and effort into my education and training. This has since reflected in my work performance and subsequently I have been recommended to go forwards for promotion for this year.

Upon joining CGI's sponsored degree programme, I was given both a buddy and a mentor to help me get up to speed with both work and university commitments. This was very useful to help me settle in and get a real feel for the organisation and what I could achieve as part of this programme. Since then, I have also had continued support from work colleagues and University staff to ensure I achieve the upmost in both aspects of the programme.

The University of Winchester have been very supportive in my studies. All lecturers have been on-hand for additional support outside of lectures/seminars. This has been incredibly useful for us students who are only physically on-site one day a week.

I feel as if everyone has been very positive and supportive towards my University studies. Throughout my studies, everyone I have come into contact with has offered a helping hand with regards to University assignments.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 5 roles at CGI

I am in a fortunate position whereby I have been able to stay living at home as part of the sponsored degree programme, therefore my salaray more than meets my living costs.

CGI runs its own social club which members can join for a minimal fee - this offers discounts on numerous events around the country.

Both projects I have been on have also offered their own social events for members to attend.

9a. Would you recommend CGI to a friend? *

I still truly believe that this is an invaluable opportunity - to get such great work experience and a free degree is a perfect start for any school leaver.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to CGI? *

I know people say it over and over again but networking really is key to ensure you get a good feel for what CGI offers in terms of roles. It's difficult as a school leaver to know where you want your career to go but through various discussions you can see what directions your career could go in. Plus, the great thing is CGI tend to give you the flexibility to try out a few different things so it doesn't matter if you don't perhaps get it right first time.

One thing I would say is though, people should be honest with themselves as to whether or not they can truly take on the challenge. It does involve an awful lot of hard-work, late nights in the office but ultimately the end result is worth it!