Audit trainee at PwC

Other
21st May 2015

Connect with PwC

8.7/10

Since I am in the first year of the degree, my normal day to day role just involves going to lectures and workshops for my modules. Also completing assessments and exams.

I have been able to develop my time management skills. The PwC professional practice module has helped me to enhance communication and presentation skills too.

The first year has been good, I've been able to enjoy the university experience like a regular student. The modules that I have taken were actually quite interesting and I feel like I made the right degree choice.

4. How valued do you feel by PwC?

I haven't been on a placement yet so I don't know if I can answer this properly, but so far my experience with PwC has been enjoyable. The people are very friendly and I feel like I can easily approach them if I have any problems

I think the overall plan of the degree is great, with the placements taking up a good time period out of the whole four year programme. I like the fact that it's divided into three parts rather than a whole placement for a whole year continuously- this way I can apply what I have learnt more effectively.

The lecturers are great- they're easy to talk to and discuss any problems or doubts with. It is very easy to communicate with them too and email replies are usually very prompt.

Again, I haven't been on placement yet but as mentioned before, I feel valued by PwC in terms of the what opportunities I have been offered. The people that I've met from PwC are friendly and approachable.

The salary from the placements should be a great help to contribute towards the university fees and should easily contribute towards transport costs. Since I will be living at home I won't encounter any significant costs but it's great that we have the opportunity to get accommodation.

Again, I haven't started the placement but from what I have heard there are probably going to be long hours. So there may not be many opportunities to do extra things.

9a. Would you recommend PwC to a friend? *

There are good opportunities, the people are nice, and definitely an excellent opportunity to boos your career.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to PwC? *