1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
CAD Work, Mainly 2D drawings.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
4. How valued do you feel by Arup?
Usually I am valued, but some weeks when there are deadlines to meet and everyone is stressed, I feel like I am not. Recently this is occurring more due to the large amount of workload per person.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
There was structure, but I didn't follow it exactly as I knew where I wanted to be. I prefer this freedom.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Can't really complain. Exactly as much as expected from a college.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Very flexible about time of for exams. Most people here is willing to help me when I require it. Arup also provided me with an active mentor.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I'm assuming you want figures.
Living Costs: Flat - £460/m Travel Costs: Train - £100/m Daily Cost: Food - £7-8/d Social Costs: Partying - $150/m Location: Not sure what that means.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
9a. Would you recommend Arup to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
For somebody who is ambitious about engineering it is the perfect place to work.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Arup? *
Take all the opportunities you can. And always ask, as people are always willing to help.
More from ArupMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!