Apprentice Technician at Arup

Cardiff

Apprentice Technician - Update engineering drawings (CAD): drawing creation, drawing mark ups, drawing details etc.

Learned to use engineering computer software (Microstation v8i, AutoCAD, ArcGIS, ProjectWise, PowerCivil SS3 Communication skills, Organisation skills, Presenting skills.

I very much enjoy what I do and I love coming to work every day. I enjoy working on a wide range of diverse project and working with a variety of inspiring engineers with differing expertise.

4. How valued do you feel by Arup?

Everyone has made me feel very welcome and they always thank me and compliment my work.

Very well organised. Additional help there if I need it. Regular team meetings and meetings with college & CITB.

Additional help is there if I need it and I know where to go if ever I need support.

Currently none however additional help is there if I need it and I know where to go if ever I need support.

No issues.

Volunteering opportunities and leisure/sports activities are available.

9a. Would you recommend Arup to a friend? *

Many fantastic learning experiences and opportunities available. Great ethos and sense of community. Very welcoming, supporting and caring.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Arup? *