1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Apprentice Technician - Update engineering drawings (CAD): drawing creation, drawing mark ups, drawing details etc.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Learned to use engineering computer software (Microstation v8i, AutoCAD, ArcGIS, ProjectWise, PowerCivil SS3 Communication skills, Organisation skills, Presenting skills.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I very much enjoy what I do and I love coming to work every day. I enjoy working on a wide range of diverse project and working with a variety of inspiring engineers with differing expertise.
4. How valued do you feel by Arup?
Everyone has made me feel very welcome and they always thank me and compliment my work.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very well organised. Additional help there if I need it. Regular team meetings and meetings with college & CITB.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Additional help is there if I need it and I know where to go if ever I need support.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Currently none however additional help is there if I need it and I know where to go if ever I need support.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Volunteering opportunities and leisure/sports activities are available.
9. Would you recommend Arup to a friend?
Many fantastic learning experiences and opportunities available. Great ethos and sense of community. Very welcoming, supporting and caring.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Arup?
More from ArupMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!