Store apprentice at Aldi

Castleford Yorkshire & The Humber
May 2015

9.4/10

My role involves meeting customer expections of customer service and to work quickly but efficiently at working stock and achieving 100% accuracy working on the tills.

Yes, I have learnt how to give great customer service and how to work quickly independently and also in a team.

I really enjoy it as the team I work with have welcomed me from day one and we are all like a big family which I find really helps if you need someone to talk to and it also helps us all work together without any grudges being held. The customers also play a massive part in getting the team through the day.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 3 roles at Aldi

4. How valued do you feel by Aldi?

I feel really valued by Aldi as they have helped me alot, and they have taught me everything I know about retail which I am thankful for.

Its very organised they give me so many opportunities to try out new things to further my skills and I also have a college tutor that makes visits to track my progress and to help teach me new things.

I recieve alot of support from my training provider because if I need anything I can talk to them about anything and they are always there for me.

The management team at Aldi are great and are there no matter what, they always give me feedback on how I can improve my performance and find new things I could try pout to improve my skills.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 3 roles at Aldi

It meets my costs very well I have been able to achieve so many things since joining the apprenticeship scheme with Aldi such as passing my driving test and buying a new car.

Yes, everyone at Aldi are friends so we have a friendship outside of work to get to know each other properly.

9. Would you recommend Aldi to a friend?

I would recommend Aldi to a friend because there are so many benefits and opportunities to get involved in.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Aldi?

Be yourself, and be motivated, if you are motivated and dedicated you will go a long way and will achieve alot with Aldi.