Proposal Analyst at CGI

Sponsored Degree Programme
18th May 2015

Connect with CGI

5.7/10

I am a Proposal Analyst which means I assist on bids for the company in HR and IT outsourcing, as well as software. I have been in the role for just over 8 months now, however I have been in Proposal Management with the team for over 2.5 years now.

I have learnt more about the professional work environment and how companies, like ours, make their money. It has been useful, and I enjoy my role.

It was good that I didn't have to pay for my degree and that I now am working, with a degree, with no debt, and I have no regrets about doing it, however I did not enjoy it. It was a difficult three years in which my life revolved around work and study, and I had very little social aspect to my life. It was extremely difficult at times and is not for people who want some social life in their three years here.

4. How valued do you feel by CGI?

In my team, I feel valued, however globally, within the company, I feel like another cog in the machine. With over 68,000 employees worldwide, I am not known by those in more senior positions, and therefore cannot feel valued.

It has a fairly good structure, when stuck to, however the organisation of the first two years was rubbish. The third year, which was managed by the university as opposed to the company was much better.

None

From my team manager, I receive a fair amount. I could receive more.

Fine.

Yes, there are lots of training and social aspects to our work, now that I have finished my degree. During the degree, there isn't time.

9a. Would you recommend CGI to a friend? *

It is a good way to get your degree and a future job within the company, which takes away the financial worry of university and being unemployed.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to CGI? *

You must have good willpower to stick it out. 14 joined in our year, 2 dropped out and one failed. It is difficult.