Management apprentice at Aldi

2009
Sunderland

8.7/10

Each day is totally different in what my role involves. Shift patterns can vary from a early shift (5am start) where you will be working delivery in the morning then can be on the tills, organising the warehouse working backstock and placing orders. On a late shift (usually 1pm-10pm) which will involve sometimes safe handling to counting tills decarding the shop ensuring the standards are high to managing your staff and ensuring they are given appropriate tasks for the Day. Sometimes you will focus soley on the availability of goods on sale of the shop which will mean picking from deliverys. Also you will be involved with paperwork and training of other members of staff.

The skill which personally I would have developed the most would be my customer service skills. Now I also have a lot more insight into retail and how everything works this has boosted my confidence. General knowledge about retail.

I thoroughly enjoy my role as time flys on a shift! Your always kept busy and know you are important to the day by day running of the store.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 2 roles at Aldi

4. How valued do you feel by Aldi?

Aldi values it's staff. They arrange nights out for whole stores fully paid for and try to involve staff in the changes of the buisness. You are kept very informed and your voices are heard.

You are thrown in at the deep end! Structure to store training could be improved.

Training provider is extremely helpful they are always just a phone call away if I need them

Employer is always there if I have any questions or need any advice work related or not !

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 2 roles at Aldi

Very we'll paid for an apprentice but you have to work for it.

I do not know of many opportunities outside of work however you are able to work at different stores when needed and training courses like first aid ect are provided outside of work

9a. Would you recommend Aldi to a friend? *

The great rates of pay and chances to progress through the company are fantastic

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Aldi? *

Only apply if you are very hard working need to give above and beyond your best. The job isn't as easy as people think it will be! But be good to aldi and it's rewards are very good to you back !