store apprentice at Aldi

Norwich
Competitive
May 2015

7.0/10

I am mainly working the fresh delivery and then spending my time on tills and keeping an eye out for offsales.

Truthfully i knew what i was getting into, haven't had much training for new skills. The majority of it is common sense.

I really enjoy working there, I get on really well with my colleages. They are a great future role that i would like to be.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 2 roles at Aldi

4. How valued do you feel by Aldi?

Sometimes i don't feel appreciated, mmainly as they dont say it enough. But i understand that they don't always have free time to says thanks.

I believe that my programme is structured brilliantly, i am only in my first year at the moment but i am getting all the help i need.

Truthfully i don't get any, if i have a query then i will just ask and they will tell me, that is it.

When i first started, i felt like he didn't even class me as a employee. But over time he has been supporting me with in and out side work issue.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 2 roles at Aldi

As all i pay is my board/rent money, the money is pretty good, but as im young i do tend to waste it and take it for advantage.

I have had a side job as a carpenter, recently stopped doing it as i was struggling to keep up 2 jobs.

9a. Would you recommend Aldi to a friend? *

I believe the programme is a great opportunity for people, most of my friends work in retail and complain about there jobs.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Aldi? *

You need to be physically and mentally prepared as customers do tend to push your buttons, aswell as the constant test from the management team, but it is all for your own help.