Audit Trainee at BDO

Birmingham West Midlands
May 2015

Connect with BDO

8.9/10

I am an audit trainee. Each week I visit a different client to assist with the statutory audit. This involves working with a variety of different colleagues and clients.

I am completing the ICAEW CFAB programme. My knowledge of audit has increased through the experience I have gained and the exams I have taken. I have developed my communication skills as I interact with managers and partners on a day to day basis.

I am really enjoying the school leaver programme. My colleagues are really friendly and I enjoy working in teams.

4. How valued do you feel by BDO?

I feel highly valued by BDO. The managers often give me praise and I am rewarded appropriately for providing exceptional client service. Seniors often allow me to challenge myself and help me to develop.

The programme is very well structured. I have regular meetings with my manager and my college mentor to ensure I am meeting targets and am happy at work. BDO offer as much support as needed with college work and exams.

I meet with my tutor every 6 weeks and receive a lot of exam support from my training provider.

I feel very well supported by my employer. I have regular meetings with my manager to ensure I am meeting targets and to discuss any issues I am facing. My manager is always there to support me and is very happy to help.

My salary meets my living and travel costs appropriately.

There are many social events at BDO. BDO have a netball team and a football team.

9. Would you recommend BDO to a friend?

BDO is an excellent employer with friendly and supportive employees who are always there to support you.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BDO?