Local Marketing Apprentice at Co-op

Manchester
£100 weekly
14th May 2015

9.2/10

My job title is Local Marketing Apprentice. Within my role I assist with the production and implementation of Local marketing for Co-operative food stores. I have learned to balance a working life of creativity and organisation. In my role I have met some truly inspiration people who have worked their way up from my level and have now become executives or top ranking members of what I like to refer to as my working family. The relation ship I have with my main team is one of a very close knit nature and as previously mention one of a family like nature. I have never felt so happy in my job as I can say I feel today as I feel respected and valued.

I have been on various courses ranging from IT to customer relations courses which I feel will stand me in good stead for future positions. I feel as though across the business there are a lot of people who are more than happy to help me progress with my learning by taking the time out to sit and show me a new technique or an old school trick of the trade, I have also developed personally with the direct help of my manager Georgina who has been my rock through my apprenticship she has personally mentored me into a better asset to myself and the business. I feel that without the guidance I received from This section of the comment has been removed by a member of the RateMyApprenticeship Team because it did not meet our site terms and conditions (Head of Talent) who has always been there to assist me with my personal development I wouldn't still be at the Co-op today as I feel myself that I have developed as an employee and as a person 10 fold.

I absolutely adore my job! I feel honoured to work in such a loving and accepting work place! I have never felt excited to come to work before now and for that I am truly grateful! some of the best advice and guidance I have ever had is from some of the older 'office mummy's' That look after all of the younger employees. although at times I can get quite stressed with work load there is always somebody you can turn to. It is also not a cliquey place to work as I have relationships with people across the entire business.

4. How valued do you feel by Co-op?

I feel extremely valued by members of my team as they often invest their time to ask for my opinion on artwork and so on. I am not treated like a child just because I am an apprentice I am treated as if I am one of them!

I feel that many of the more senior members of the Co-op take my progression as a project and they are always dropping me emails to check how I am and offer their support which I find amazing that somebody so senior takes the time to do!

The programme I have is extremely well structured and the workload is balanced so that I can still complete day to day tasks at the same time as my apprentice workbooks.

Alongside 6 workbooks I complete at least 2 visual observations with This section of the comment has been removed by a member of the RateMyApprenticeship Team because it did not meet our site terms and conditions my assessor from Learn direct who comes into the office.

I receive a lot of support that is anything from a quick email from my main assessor to meeting in Starbucks for a catch up and a quick observation. I Feel like I could go to This section of the comment has been removed by a member of the RateMyApprenticeship Team because it did not meet our site terms and conditions especially at learn direct for help if I felt uneasy with any of my work or work load. I also feel that because my manager This section of the comment has been removed by a member of the RateMyApprenticeship Team because it did not meet our site terms and conditions made a good connection with Learn direct they are all here to help me collectively.

I receive a lot of support from the Coop as a business as they allow me to book 1 day out of the office a month to focus entirely on my workbooks that are compulsory in my qualification I feel this is very understanding of the business and is a way of showing that I have their support.

To be honest it doesn't cover the cost of living in a way that a normal job would. Sometimes I do moan that I don't get paid enough but then I remember that I am still learning and after I have qualified I will be in with an excellent change of moving onto a better paid job with more experience than most people my age

The Co-op is involved in many charity events such as CRTG Awards, Grocery Aid charity and many others. I have the opportunity to attend may of these events which are as follows, Golf Day, Awards Dinners, Networking events.

Also in the Office we have a company Gym and receive a discount provided by the Co-op for Printworks in Manchester for leisure outside of work.

9a. Would you recommend Co-op to a friend? *

Because it is a joy to come to work! And it is also a home from home I feel privallidged everyday!

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Co-op? *

Be yourself! Stay Focussed on your end Goals! Never be afraid to challenge yourself and be creative!