1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Quantity surveying. Working on larger projects and given more responsibility as time has passed. Working across the UK. Assistance always available from senior QS's
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I'm doing my final year exams for a bsc quantity surveying course. Been trained on different type of software relevant to profession.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Work is a relaxed environment as all colleagues are friendly and helpful. Work can be challenging at times and enjoyable doing new tasks.
4. How valued do you feel by Mott MacDonald?
Manager seems happy with me and I have more responsibility which is good.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Work are understanding around exam times. Support is always provided. The university programme is ok.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Some support in university if you ask for it.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
A lot when needed!
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Salary is similar to others in my position. Much better than being in a debt after uni and have more money than all my friends. Salary allows me to go out and away loads as well as afford a good standard of living.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes there are a lot of company events organised within the work due to a sports and social team.
9. Would you recommend Mott MacDonald to a friend?
No debt from uni, valuable experience related to your course can be taken from work. A respectable salary and a good career path.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Mott MacDonald?
Loads of QS firms looking to hire apprentices, do a bit of a reading around the topic and look around and you should be ok!
More from Mott MacDonaldMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!