1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
As an apprentice engineering technician my daily tasks involve creating and helping with project drawings and models, I have to interact with colleagues via e - mail or verbally as well as external clients.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learnt how to use CAD systems and how drawings are read, made and changed. My existing IT skills have developed as well as my interpersonal skills.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy the job that I do and learning new things and how to use new BIM software.
4. How valued do you feel by Mott MacDonald?
I feel very valued and trusted in the office as my colleagues offer me a lot of work and involve me in a lot of tasks. Compliments on my work are given a lot of the time from managers and colleagues.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The program is perfect for me with only attending the college 1 day a week allowing me to gain valuable experience in the workplace.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
College give me a lot of support and are easy to reach through an email. There is a lot of resources readily available to me on the college Moodle page, I am enjoying the work and assignments I am doing.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My employer is always ready to give me some extra support when I need it and never queries me when the support is necessary. When I have problems at college or work my line manager is easy to speak to and easy to get a hold of if not around in the office. Again HR are readily available with a representative in the office once a week.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
All outgoings are covered comfortably at the moment by my current salary.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are ICE events along with company events I can attend.
9. Would you recommend Mott MacDonald to a friend?
I would recommend the apprenticeship I am undertaking because of how much I have learned and been taught while being here, also the opportunities that are available to me everyday and how helpful and friendly the office is.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Mott MacDonald?
Be confident in interviews and gain some knowledge on the company before hand.
More from Mott MacDonaldMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!