Apprentice Civil Engineer at Mott MacDonald

Sheffield

7.6/10

I work in the Geotechnical department in Mott Macdonald and here I work on many projects, from Desk studies to CAD work.

I have drastically improved my CAD skills on different CAD software packages as well as learning a lot about Geo. I have also learned a lot at college about Civil Engineering in general.

I enjoy the apprenticeship program as you can learn all the basics at college but you also gain priceless experience whilst working too.

4. How valued do you feel by Mott MacDonald?

I feel valued in my team as I am treated with respect for the job that I do by all of my colleagues.

The structure at work is very well thought out, although rotating every year can be a bit of a pain; just as you've trained up on something, you are rotated to a different department and have to learn new things and basically end up not using the old things you had learned.

We get a lot of support.

We get brilliant support at work, if there are any problems, they are easily solved.

The salary was very good to begin with, but hasn't really improved very much since, it is getting harder to get through a month on my current salary.

Yes, many. There are a wide range of activities to do out of work with the company.

9a. Would you recommend Mott MacDonald to a friend? *

Great company to work for.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Mott MacDonald? *

Be yourself; do not try and over complicate things, if you don't know, don't try sounding like you do, ask questions about it instead. Be interested.