Workplace Services Support Technician at Mott MacDonald

Eastleigh
14th May 2015

8.0/10

On a day to day task I would support 250+ users with Windows 7 we I also look after the servers in Southampton office and a few external offices

I completed my level 2 and 3 with Mott MacDonald and have learn many new skills not only front line support but also 2nd and 3rd line support. I am currently learning about PowerShell and how to run tasks in the back ground.

The team was a big help while studying as it would take me longer to complete the tickets and they would make sure I did not have to many to look at. It was an amazing experience and I have learnt stuff you could not learn in the classroom.

4. How valued do you feel by Mott MacDonald?

I have received many thank you emails and people expressing how well I deal with the situation

The lessons were structured by pointing out the main objective and also allowing us some time to complete parts of our course we could not do at work

There was a lot of support as our teacher was in most holidays and that is when most of the work was completed.

The employer was very supportive as i was allowed extra college days when needed and was able to set aside time to just do college work while at work

The salary was good but when I qualified the salary does not match that of people in my other team and other Jobs that around

We have a Sport and Social club that arranges events.

9a. Would you recommend Mott MacDonald to a friend? *

You learn so much more working on the Job as when you tackle a problem you have so many more people to go and see what there way for solving it is. you also get to hands on with extra parts of the work rather than just writing up what you did.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Mott MacDonald? *

Just be your self, they are not looking for someone who knows it all as that is what the training is for. Look up the company and try to remember a few important things about them. arrive early enough to freshen up if needed and also don't be afraid to talk to the receptionist as the role you are Applying for will involve you talking and getting to know the customer.