1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
software support team. Installing and configuring software
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
PRINCE2, UNIX fundamentals, Connect Direct, TWS
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I love working with my team and the company is great to work for
4. How valued do you feel by IBM?
Lots of time is spent on education however I do not feel that trusting IBM employees to train apprentices always works.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The induction is well structured and there are set training targets and work completion dates in order to get qualifications. It is not organised in the way that you chose your own role and choose when to move. Training is not always available on some accounts within IBM.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Lots of support is there whenever required
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My Team manager is extremely supportive of my work.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Very well. Better than any other apprenticeships I have heard of
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are lots of events during time in foundation on the apprenticeship and opportunities to join various clubs and groups.
9a. Would you recommend IBM to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
It is very good pay and there are lots of opportunities within the company
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to IBM? *
If you feel you are not receiving enough training from the team you are in, tell your manager and move asap
More from IBMMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!