1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
To be part of the Operate and Maintain department and travelling around my local area controls and regulating the flow and level of pressure of gas in the systems by repair and fixing new technology into the system.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
While doing this i have learn alot about the gas industry from the way the gas flows to keeping the gas at the correct temperature
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy everyday that i do on this programme and have told friends and family to join the company.
4. How valued do you feel by National Grid?
As i have started i found i didnt fully know where i was to fit in but as i have learnt more and and been on site i feel more like part of the whole team.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
I found that when something is planned it is normally to a very high standard but when the plans change it takes alot time to rearrange and inform us
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I find that they are very good on supports from writting and project work to hands on skills
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I find that if i need it i can get it and on a regualor basis i am asked if everything is ok
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I find the salary to good but some packages are hard to use at the begining because of the way they are set up.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
I am asked out things to outside of work but they is only a small amount of inform
9. Would you recommend National Grid to a friend?
As it is an overal good place to work
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to National Grid?
To be honest in filling out and try to your full ability to learn and be infusiatic
More from National GridMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!