Risk Analyst at BDO

School Leaver Programme
12th May 2015

Connect with BDO

8.2/10

IT general controls review, automated controls testing and walkthroughs, data analytics around journals, stock and payroll.

Through exams I have developed in the CFAB topics (Accounting, Assurance, Law, Tax, Management and Business) to grow in the work environment.

Very well, I have a great team and everyone at BDO likes to work hard but always enjoy themselves. Therefore we have a great social and work balance.

4. How valued do you feel by BDO?

I usually feel valued at BDO, feedback is frequent and useful, as well as praise given when deserved.

Very good. BPP are there to support throughout the process along with the exams department.

BPP offer college courses and for self study exams BDO give study leave along with a tutor from BPP who you can contact via email and phone. The support makes the exams process easier and me feel more confident.

A lot. We have a buddy system where any problems or queries you have can be resolved, and also a counselling manager close by. Catch up lunches and coffee's are organised regularly to ensure everything is discussed in detail.

I live with my parents so I survive comfortably on the BDO salary. Travel costs are expensive and so is London so a higher salary would be appreciated.

The social side at BDO is huge and there are always events and activities taking place during the week and on the weekends.

9a. Would you recommend BDO to a friend? *

Because I think it's a great company to train with, work for and gain an understanding into the audit world.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BDO? *