1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
IT general controls review, automated controls testing and walkthroughs, data analytics around journals, stock and payroll.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Through exams I have developed in the CFAB topics (Accounting, Assurance, Law, Tax, Management and Business) to grow in the work environment.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
Very well, I have a great team and everyone at BDO likes to work hard but always enjoy themselves. Therefore we have a great social and work balance.
4. How valued do you feel by BDO?
I usually feel valued at BDO, feedback is frequent and useful, as well as praise given when deserved.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very good. BPP are there to support throughout the process along with the exams department.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
BPP offer college courses and for self study exams BDO give study leave along with a tutor from BPP who you can contact via email and phone. The support makes the exams process easier and me feel more confident.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
A lot. We have a buddy system where any problems or queries you have can be resolved, and also a counselling manager close by. Catch up lunches and coffee's are organised regularly to ensure everything is discussed in detail.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I live with my parents so I survive comfortably on the BDO salary. Travel costs are expensive and so is London so a higher salary would be appreciated.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
The social side at BDO is huge and there are always events and activities taking place during the week and on the weekends.
9. Would you recommend BDO to a friend?
Because I think it's a great company to train with, work for and gain an understanding into the audit world.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to BDO?
More from BDOMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!