1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes, but not enough time to make them stick also time wasted on learing things that we wont do on job
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
All onsite work, training center it left to be desired
4. How valued do you feel by National Grid?
National Grid - very much so but the trainers treat us like children
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
very badly, more often than not we dont know what were doing the following week and theer is no 3 year master timetable which make booking marriages, holidays and other personal events very difficult
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
plenty if required
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
More than enough
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
not very well as most high level apperenticships pay alot better and we have to travel alot
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
pleny work related but we are not allowed to pursue our own hobbies and interests
9a. Would you recommend National Grid to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
A good job at the end of it all, should hopfully be worth all the aggro of training
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to National Grid? *
get all your training and qulifications before had at a local collage so you do not have to go to their training centre
More from National GridMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!