Higher Apprentice Powertrain Manufacturing Engineering at Jaguar Land Rover

Kenilworth
Apprenticeship - Higher Level (Level 4)
12th May 2015

6.9/10

Understanding manufacturing processes, and what future technologies could mean in terms of shaping them.

Yes, understanding engineering drawings, cutting processes and materials etc.

I enjoy being given projects to manage and get on with it. The levels of responsibility are good and feel like if the work is completed well then it is recognised.

On average I feel valued, however this can vary by department. I also think that there should be a way for managers to reward higher apprentices that show good commitment, currently it seems like all of us are paid the same treated the same despite the work that we do.

Initially poorly organised with little visibility of a structure. Little to No communication between apprentice program managers and actual line managers.

College training was poor, however university is better but still feels unstructured.

I feel supported by being allowed to go on lots of different training courses to increase my skills in the role.

Salary is good however it should be more clearly defined WHERE we will be permanently based as this is not made clear and causes unforeseen costs in terms of travel!

I believe that once we complete our apprenticeship then there will be lots of other opportunities of work for us.

They are willing to give you responsibility and challenge you, however support is there when needed.

To fully understand what job they are applying for as it is not always clearly stated.