1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Understanding manufacturing processes, and what future technologies could mean in terms of shaping them.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes, understanding engineering drawings, cutting processes and materials etc.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy being given projects to manage and get on with it. The levels of responsibility are good and feel like if the work is completed well then it is recognised.
4. How valued do you feel by Jaguar Land Rover?
On average I feel valued, however this can vary by department. I also think that there should be a way for managers to reward higher apprentices that show good commitment, currently it seems like all of us are paid the same treated the same despite the work that we do.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Initially poorly organised with little visibility of a structure. Little to No communication between apprentice program managers and actual line managers.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
College training was poor, however university is better but still feels unstructured.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I feel supported by being allowed to go on lots of different training courses to increase my skills in the role.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Salary is good however it should be more clearly defined WHERE we will be permanently based as this is not made clear and causes unforeseen costs in terms of travel!
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
I believe that once we complete our apprenticeship then there will be lots of other opportunities of work for us.
9a. Would you recommend Jaguar Land Rover to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
They are willing to give you responsibility and challenge you, however support is there when needed.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Jaguar Land Rover? *
To fully understand what job they are applying for as it is not always clearly stated.
More from Jaguar Land RoverMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!