1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Year one you learn the basics of the company and how it runs. Year two you jump into the manager role, running shifts cashing up.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Dealing with customers on a daily basis, managing finances on larger scale, first aid skills, management skills such delegating jobs.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
The work is a lot more involving then first explained however because the teams are normally small you gain lots of close bonds.
4. How valued do you feel by Aldi?
Your hard work won't go unnoticed.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
You are set a schedule for training and support which is helpful but can be rigid.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
The tutors are they if you want to contact them.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
The managers are there to speak to if you need them.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Whilst better then most apprenticeships, the wage rate is ridiculously low. You, especially as a year two manager, are being payed a much lower wage then the people you are managing.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are not a lot of opportunities outside work as you are doing up to 40hrs a week sometimes more on irregular shifts patterns meaning you cant really plan ahead unless you have the rota.
9a. Would you recommend Aldi to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
As a normal store assistant role the job would be fine as you receive great pay and there is opportunities to rise up in the company.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Aldi? *
Speak to people on the job to see if you have relatable skills and work ethic.
More from AldiMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from Aldi
To coincide with National Apprenticeship Week (6th-10th March 2017), Ellie Dumont, an Aldi Store Apprentice, provides an insight into her...