1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Powertrain Manufacturing Engineer - Liaise with different contractors and suppliers, organising there work and helping them where needed. figure out solutions to problems that are occurring on the new engine manufacturing lines at EMC Wolverhampton.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes I have learnt a lot while I have been working in the Powertrain Manufacturing team, I have increase my knowledge of multiple aspects of engineering including, Gauging, Tooling, Machining, and also more to do with the purchasing side of the department and how we go through purchasing new equipment.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
some aspects are really enjoyable. but there are also parts which can get very repetitive which can get dull.
4. How valued do you feel by Jaguar Land Rover?
I feel like I am a valued employee and the people around me want to help me succeed in my goals.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
I don't think the structure of the programme is very well organised and there are a lot of parts of the programme that are very disjointed and don't fit in well with the work that I am doing.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
A moderate amount of support
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
A great deal of support in all aspects all I need to do is ask.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
The salary is generous, and with the expenses for fuel when based at a different sight it is enough to live off of.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
there are opportunities outside of work, although I do not take advantage of these activities.
9a. Would you recommend Jaguar Land Rover to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
overall it is a great place to work and I enjoy my job.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Jaguar Land Rover? *
Make sure that you prepare for all of the aspects of the acceptance process. Do not turn up with out any preparation because the process is quite difficult.
More from Jaguar Land RoverMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!