Powertrain Manufacturing Engineer at Jaguar Land Rover

Coventry

7.1/10

Powertrain Manufacturing Engineer - Liaise with different contractors and suppliers, organising there work and helping them where needed. figure out solutions to problems that are occurring on the new engine manufacturing lines at EMC Wolverhampton.

Yes I have learnt a lot while I have been working in the Powertrain Manufacturing team, I have increase my knowledge of multiple aspects of engineering including, Gauging, Tooling, Machining, and also more to do with the purchasing side of the department and how we go through purchasing new equipment.

some aspects are really enjoyable. but there are also parts which can get very repetitive which can get dull.

I feel like I am a valued employee and the people around me want to help me succeed in my goals.

I don't think the structure of the programme is very well organised and there are a lot of parts of the programme that are very disjointed and don't fit in well with the work that I am doing.

A moderate amount of support

A great deal of support in all aspects all I need to do is ask.

The salary is generous, and with the expenses for fuel when based at a different sight it is enough to live off of.

there are opportunities outside of work, although I do not take advantage of these activities.

overall it is a great place to work and I enjoy my job.

Make sure that you prepare for all of the aspects of the acceptance process. Do not turn up with out any preparation because the process is quite difficult.