1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Apprentice Machinist Currently on CNC Turning section. Daily tasks include programming, setting, proving and running fanuc CNC turning machines to produce race parts and fixtures.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
- GD&T training
- Health and Safety training
- abrasive wheel training
- Manual lifting training
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy day to day work at Mercedes HPP, the people I work with are great fun and the work I do is very interesting. It's nice to have such a close connection with a motorsport as big as F1 especially working for the world's best F1 team, knowing that the work you do is a part of that is a great feeling.
4. How valued do you feel by Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains?
Apprentices get treated well. Team leaders show appreciation for the work we do and recognise that we are still learning.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
I think the programme is structured fairly well, although I think on induction the NVQ side of things could have been made slightly clearer but after a few months this was all cleared up. We have regular meetings with SEMTA who help us a great deal with our apprenticeship work and make it as easy as possible for us to understand what needs to be done
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
We get a fair amount of suppose from the training provider, showing us what needs to be done and when this helps keep a guideline of what we need to do
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
we get lots of suppose from the employer, if we have any problems we can go straight to HR and normally get them solved without any issue.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
The salary is fairly decent its more than enough to pay for food, fuel, rent, phone bill ect and still have a decent amount to play with after
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are a few company events outside of work, discount on Silverstone GP, trips to Brackley ect
9a. Would you recommend Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Different experience, nice pay, feels good to be part of a successful team.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains? *
More from Mercedes AMG High Performance PowertrainsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!