Trainee Engineer at Costain

Paddington
Other

8.7/10

I am a Trainee Engineer based on a large Civil Engineering Project. Every day I get involved in the dimensional control of the on site construction techniques such as Piling, RC Works and Drainage. I also maintain a daily site report as well as ensuring that the correct eqiuipment and materials are used for a particular job. I am also obliged to ensure that up to date RAMS are being used and have been briefed to the operatives on site.

When I am not on site, I am at College once a week working towards a HND in Construction and the Built Environment.

I am developing my people and presentation skills. I have also further developed my dimensional control skills in the field of surveying and setting out. I am also enhancing my commercial and contractual awareness.

To the extent that I am given a great deal of oppurtunity to learn on the job as there is a vast range of Civil Engineering techniques being implemented onto my current project of which I have been lucky enough to be deeply involved most of it.

I also enjoy coming into College and sharing my experiances with other Apprentices

4. How valued do you feel by Costain?

Very.

I like the structure I am on now albeit there is alot of work involved both at College and at Work. On top of working towards professional membership and compiling an NVQ Portfolio.

Costain as a company provide ample support to all of their employees. So as an Apprentice I feel there is loads of support being offered from many disciplines. I have never been short of a helping hand or advice withnin the Company

answered in 6a

mediocre

Unsure

9a. Would you recommend Costain to a friend? *

Because they provide a first class oppurtinity to persue a professional career in the Civil Engineering Industry

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Costain? *

Dont be afraid to ask anything, I'm sure Costain will be able to accommadate your prospects