1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I work in the accounts payable department. So each day consists of hiring / ordering both plant and materials, processing invoices for payment, keeping rack of all deliveries and on/off hires and processing some wages.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I started the job as a school leaver so I had no experience before hand of the job role, so everything I have learnt has been new skills. I have also been able to further develop my microsft package skills (e.g. word, excel etc.)
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
The programme is thoroughly enjoyable, although at the minute I do not need to attend college as much as I would like to but I know the amount of time I will spend at college will increase as I progress through the apprenticeship.
4. How valued do you feel by Costain?
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
At the beginning of the programme the college I was attending was not very weel organised, I was told this was due to them being extremely busy. But now we are a few months into the programme they seem to be on top of everything.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
They help as much as possible with all my queries
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Same as above
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I think the salary/package is extremely good compared to other apprenticeships.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes, costain do a lot of fundraising for charities which is easy to get involved in.
9a. Would you recommend Costain to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Lots of opporunities to progress through the business and extremly well paid/package for apprenticehips.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Costain? *
Do your best and try hard all the time as this will be thoroughly noted.
More from CostainMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!