Apprentice accounts assistant at Costain

Doncaster
11th May 2015

8.6/10

I work in the accounts payable department. So each day consists of hiring / ordering both plant and materials, processing invoices for payment, keeping rack of all deliveries and on/off hires and processing some wages.

I started the job as a school leaver so I had no experience before hand of the job role, so everything I have learnt has been new skills. I have also been able to further develop my microsft package skills (e.g. word, excel etc.)

The programme is thoroughly enjoyable, although at the minute I do not need to attend college as much as I would like to but I know the amount of time I will spend at college will increase as I progress through the apprenticeship.

4. How valued do you feel by Costain?

Very valued

At the beginning of the programme the college I was attending was not very weel organised, I was told this was due to them being extremely busy. But now we are a few months into the programme they seem to be on top of everything.

They help as much as possible with all my queries

Same as above

I think the salary/package is extremely good compared to other apprenticeships.

Yes, costain do a lot of fundraising for charities which is easy to get involved in.

9a. Would you recommend Costain to a friend? *

Lots of opporunities to progress through the business and extremly well paid/package for apprenticehips.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Costain? *

Do your best and try hard all the time as this will be thoroughly noted.