1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Going out on to track to carry out maintainence and faulting activities.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes I have developed and learned many new skills since the start of my apprenticeship.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
It is very good and the rate of pay is decent. I must admitt i didnt fancy the first year having to share rooms and finding it hard to move into a room with people you tend to get on with.
4. How valued do you feel by Network Rail?
I feel taken care of.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
it is very organised but on the odd occasions there are some slip ups.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
decent amount support.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
enough to get me through and the guys at work a great too.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
It meets cost well but there are some aspects that can be improved such as the minimum hours overtime needed to be done in a month before starting to get paid any overtime.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
I hope so.
9. Would you recommend Network Rail to a friend?
Been a very good experience for me.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Network Rail?
Great just try to have all the work done in time and stay on top of you assingment in years 2 and 3. Keep entries going into the daily diary as you can refer back to it any point when needed.
More from Network RailMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!