1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Currently an E&P apprentice working at Sudbrook Pumping Station. Main daily tasks are to carry out maintenance on the plant equipment we have on depot, such as standby generators and the pumps to keep the Severn Tunnel dry.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes, I have now gained a good knowledge about electrical engineering, and further developed my skills in terms of mechanical engineering.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
It has been a good programme on times. However, there have been times when down HMS Sultan where we continue our learning, the work load has been to much in the given time.
4. How valued do you feel by Network Rail?
As an apprentice with Network Rail, I believe that they have invested a lot of time and money in order for us to pass the scheme.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The organisation of the scheme I feel could be better. In terms of deadlines, there seems to be no punishment if you miss the deadlines, and the people who miss the deadlines continually get the same preferential treatment.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
None that I can recall.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
I recieve a little bit of support from my employer.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
I believe that as an apprentice with Network Rail, we are well paid given our position.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are chances for you to carry out additional courses.
9a. Would you recommend Network Rail to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Network Rail has been good to me and has given me a great opportunity within the railway.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Network Rail? *
Enjoy it because the 3 years will fly by.
More from Network RailMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!