Signalling Technician at Network Rail

Reading
11th May 2015

Connect with Network Rail

8.0/10

Day to day involves various forms of maintenance and faulting on the Network Rail network

Throughout the apprenticeship I have developed a lot of skills, including my knowledge of electrical circuits, and also my ability to fault find on circuits.

I enjoy the progamme as the work is very varied, in both what it is, and where it is located. As for instance we could be working in a busy station area one day, and then the next, on a secluded branchline in the middle of nowhere.

4. How valued do you feel by Network Rail?

I feel quite valued by Network Rail, knowing how much effort and financial aid they have thrown my way to operate this apprenticeshipp

The programme itself is relatively well organised, with all of it's courses within the progamme that is operated.

The trainers on the courses within the programme were always willing to assist and help me through the courses and on any work where I required assistance.

My employer/co-workers have always been very supporting in assisting me through the apprenticeship

My salary does cover all my financial costs, for both living and getting to work on

There aren't many oppurtunities outside of work that I am aware of.

9a. Would you recommend Network Rail to a friend? *

It is an interesting apprenticeship to carry out and working for a internationally reknown company is quite a proud achievement for me.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Network Rail? *

Stick with it, the first year does drag on a little, but after that it is an enjoyable apprenticeship to fufill.