1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am a track maintainence technician, and my role is to repair and replace any problems in the railway infrastructure in my area.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learned a wide range of new skills including the details of how a car engine works, how to draw technical drawings, the railway infrastructure and what effects it, and also how to take a survey of an area.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I am enjoying my programme very much, and hope others take the same opportunity that I've had.
4. How valued do you feel by Network Rail?
I feel very valued, as they have spent a lot of money and time training me to become part of the future of their (now my) company.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very well structured, as every subject is laid out in order. There is only the occasional problem but they do not cause much harm to the programme.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
You recieve as much support as you like, as every instructor is willing to help you out when you have a problem.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
You recieve a fair bit of support but nowhere near as much as from the training provider, Babcock.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
The salary you are paid is well beyond enough money for your costs, especially considering all of the living and meal arrangements are taken care of by Network Rail.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Yes, you have a range of sports facilities as well as other clubs that extend your knowledge and ability of the job.
9. Would you recommend Network Rail to a friend?
It is a great company to get into and they respect their employees.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Network Rail?
Get involved with every opportunity that goes your way, as they all help a lot in the long run.
More from Network RailMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!