Apprentice track technician at Network Rail

Faversham

Connect with Network Rail

8.2/10

I am a track maintainence technician, and my role is to repair and replace any problems in the railway infrastructure in my area.

I have learned a wide range of new skills including the details of how a car engine works, how to draw technical drawings, the railway infrastructure and what effects it, and also how to take a survey of an area.

I am enjoying my programme very much, and hope others take the same opportunity that I've had.

4. How valued do you feel by Network Rail?

I feel very valued, as they have spent a lot of money and time training me to become part of the future of their (now my) company.

Very well structured, as every subject is laid out in order. There is only the occasional problem but they do not cause much harm to the programme.

You recieve as much support as you like, as every instructor is willing to help you out when you have a problem.

You recieve a fair bit of support but nowhere near as much as from the training provider, Babcock.

The salary you are paid is well beyond enough money for your costs, especially considering all of the living and meal arrangements are taken care of by Network Rail.

Yes, you have a range of sports facilities as well as other clubs that extend your knowledge and ability of the job.

9a. Would you recommend Network Rail to a friend? *

It is a great company to get into and they respect their employees.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Network Rail? *

Get involved with every opportunity that goes your way, as they all help a lot in the long run.