Apprentice Manager at Aldi

Stockport

7.7/10

To begin with it was learning the role of a store assistant such as putting out stock and being on the tills, now its about being a manager, doing the orders, dealing with customers and cashing up.

Learnt lots of customer service skills and lots of retail management skills such as ordering, cashing up and merchandising

The program can sometimes be stressful and hard but as a whole I would recommend the program if you have the ambition and want to learn.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 2 roles at Aldi

4. How valued do you feel by Aldi?

Within the store i feel extremely valued, this has however come from lots of hard work and time.

The structure of the program is good apart from no-one really checks you are where your supposed to be within the company which i think will change as time goes on.

I receive enough support from my training provider, I have passed all my tests and all my coursework is almost complete, so couldn't ask for more

I have received enough support to stand me in good stead for future retail roles, sometimes you just have to push for your training to be completed.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 2 roles at Aldi

The salary is enough if you have just come out of school/ college, you could not support a family or live on your own on this salary.

There is very little opportunities outside of work.

9a. Would you recommend Aldi to a friend? *

As long as you are pro active with your training you can become one of the best retail managers in a fun but extremely hard enviroment.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Aldi? *

Get in touch with your local store and hand in a CV or apply online, as long as your willing to learn and work hard.