1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Currently I am a Nursery Assistant working towards becoming a Nursery Nurse, I work in our Pre-School room looking after 3-4 year olds, we support the children and get them ready for school by teaching them numbers, letters and how to write.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have had fire awareness training, manual handling training and slips,trips and falls training. I have also been to our head office for training on working with 2-3 year olds. I also have trained as a first aider.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I feel I am a hard working, supportive member of staff to my team and the children.
4. How valued do you feel by Bright Horizons Family Solutions?
I feel I am treated the same way as any other member of staff at Asquith Nurseries and receive the right support.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
We are a very structured company and all permanent members of staff know what is required of them on a daily basis.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
I receive the expected support from my training advisor and have formed a good relationship with them and feel I can talk to them if I have any concerns.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
My employer is supportive and helps me with any queries I may have.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
My salary supports the life style I live but if circumstances changed it would not be sufficient.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
The only event we have is a company Christmas meal in December, there aren't any other events for staff to attend to get to know each other. Some rooms within the company with arrange team nights out independently.
9. Would you recommend Bright Horizons Family Solutions to a friend?
I would recommend Asquith Day Nurseries to a friend as a good nursery to put their child(ren) in as I feel it would benefit the child(ren) and give them the support they need, I wouldn't recommend a friend to work there unless they are fully committed to working long hours as at times it can be tiring.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Bright Horizons Family Solutions?
More from Bright Horizons Family SolutionsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!