1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
going out on track with the maintenance and faulting teams carrying out work that has been given by the manager.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
learnt new skills on how to maintain and fault find on signalling equipment and also how to become a better leader through leadership courses
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
4. How valued do you feel by Network Rail?
yes, there is a lot of help and support if it is needed.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
the training courses are very organised. the at the depot there are some times issues around arrangements but these are easily sorted if you can contact the right person.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
theres lots of support available especially from the training providers in portsmouth. they are always available if you need to talk to them about any problems, work related or personal.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
the manangers are supportive when they have the time and try to help as much as they can. sometimes it is difficult to get the answers you need and having to constantly ask for the same information can be very frustrating
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
my salary covers my costs and is a good wage for apprentice level. although i was told that help would available for travel expenses through a company travel card but when I applied for it they said it wasn't valid for my method of travel.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
not sure what the question is asking
9a. Would you recommend Network Rail to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
its a great scheme and you get to meet lots of new people from all over the country who are in the same position as you. when you arrive at the depot you are made to feel welcome by the staff already here
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Network Rail? *
apply for it, even though you may not know what the job entails.
More from Network RailMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!