1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Working within the M&E Team in the LV electrical package on Crossrail. Looking after the low voltage small power.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
From knowing nothing about engineering and construction this experience so far has taught me a wealth of knowledge.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy my programme greatly and i'm learning every day. I get a good amount of responsibility which i find is the best way to learn. The college course i do doesn't really apply to my day job but it's a general electrical engineering course.
4. How valued do you feel by Costain?
On a projected basis i feel like i am valued and a good asset to the team considering my level of knowledge and experience. I don't see or hear much from the overall apprentice manager but there is only one for the whole of Costain's apprentices.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
At the moment it is structured and organised well, i know what qualifications i have/am doing and what i then move on to. What happens after the apprenticeship is finished though i do not know.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
The College provide good support throughout the course but some lessons i feel could improve.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
On a project basis i receive a great deal of support and am very happy to be working within this team. My line manage helps with any problems regarding college or work and finds the time to help.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
For an apprenticeship the package is great. It covers everything i need and covers expenses.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
Training is always available to help me progress.
9a. Would you recommend Costain to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
It is a great opportunity to learn whilst working and an overall good package/programme.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Costain? *
More from CostainMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!