Work Experience at Hogan Lovells

7.8/10

Had the opportunity to shadow trainee solicitors and gain an insight into the workings of a corporate law firm. -Took part in many useful workshops such as Advocacy, Negotiation and Presentation Skills

I learnt some personal skills for public speaking. For example, how to stand and project your voice when giving presentations.

I thoroughly enjoyed this work experience because everyone we met was friendly, helpful and happy to answer any questions we had. It exceeded my expectations because I didn't expect to receive much information in one week.

4. How valued do you feel by Hogan Lovells?

Yes we were valued and everyone had the opportunity to get involved in all the tasks.

I think the programme was very well organised.

There was a lot of support and many opportunities to answer questions.

Not Applicable because I was only here for work experience. (But if I HAD to give an answer I'd say they were very supportive)

Not Applicable because I was only here for work experience. (But they did reimburse our travel expenses which was good)

We were told of many events we can and should attend to build our 'network' and receive information on different types of law and law as a career.

9a. Would you recommend Hogan Lovells to a friend? *

Because they're a very diverse and ambitious law firm. I think if you want to do work experience there then you'll have an incredible time because you really get a feel of the place and can see yourself working there. So, this may help with you decisions in the future regarding what kind of career you want.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Hogan Lovells? *