1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Had the opportunity to shadow trainee solicitors and gain an insight into the workings of a corporate law firm. -Took part in many useful workshops such as Advocacy, Negotiation and Presentation Skills
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I learnt some personal skills for public speaking. For example, how to stand and project your voice when giving presentations.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I thoroughly enjoyed this work experience because everyone we met was friendly, helpful and happy to answer any questions we had. It exceeded my expectations because I didn't expect to receive much information in one week.
4. How valued do you feel by Hogan Lovells?
Yes we were valued and everyone had the opportunity to get involved in all the tasks.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
I think the programme was very well organised.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
There was a lot of support and many opportunities to answer questions.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Not Applicable because I was only here for work experience. (But if I HAD to give an answer I'd say they were very supportive)
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Not Applicable because I was only here for work experience. (But they did reimburse our travel expenses which was good)
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
We were told of many events we can and should attend to build our 'network' and receive information on different types of law and law as a career.
9a. Would you recommend Hogan Lovells to a friend? *
9b. Why? *
Because they're a very diverse and ambitious law firm. I think if you want to do work experience there then you'll have an incredible time because you really get a feel of the place and can see yourself working there. So, this may help with you decisions in the future regarding what kind of career you want.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Hogan Lovells? *
More from Hogan LovellsMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!