Warehouse Apprentice. at Aldi

Atherstone

8.6/10

My current role is as a selector in the chilled section of the warehouse, this involves the picking, wrapping and placement of the orders recieved from stores each day, to be delievered for the following day. My responsibilties during this is to make sure that my picking accuracy is correct and that my pallets are safely stacked.

I have developed my skills when it comes to being able to work alongside new people and has given me much more confidence in a personal and working environment. New skills I have learnt coincide with my role, such as being able to pick up to a good standard, and stack my pallets well, I've developed the techniques for this along the way

I enjoy to be part of something large like this company, and working with my colleagues makes it much more enjoyable, as I get along with them very well.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 2 roles at Aldi

4. How valued do you feel by Aldi?

I am kept a close eye on in all my endeavours at Aldi, so I know they care about the decisions I am making and how well I am developing. I am very happy with my relationships with my fellow selectors, we can enjoy a laugh throughout the day which boosts the morale needed for this job.

I think that my employers could've been more prepared for what having apprentices entailed. I haven't learnt as much as I would've hoped so far in my apprenticeship, so this is what I'm hoping will develop from them, that I could be of more use to the company in years to come.

My training provider visits me adequately and gives me good guidance towards what my next endeavours will be, and he seems very happy to support me and my fellow apprentices.

My employers are always giving me feedback on my performances in the workplace, to push me along if I am not quite reaching the target yet. Their methods of support are very useful to me, to improve as an employee and to get the best out of me hat they can.

RateMyApprenticeship is currently advertising 2 roles at Aldi

My salary is very good for someone of my age, my costs at home aren't too great, so I never have finance troubles, and there is room for me to save money as opposed to struggling for it.

There are opportunities to advertise Aldi at certain events through the year. Furthermore being able to socialise and get invlolved with sports through Aldi is advantageous to me and my colleagues.

9a. Would you recommend Aldi to a friend? *

It is a stable place to work and provides a decent wage. The people you will work with are very easy to get along with and it is easy to fit in here. It also provides good opportunities to someone wishing to potentially move onto management.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Aldi? *

Make sure to try your hardest, by keeping a good attendance record, and arriving on time. Targets that have to be hit may take some time, but aren't too challenging, and can be achieved. Whatever they put into the company will eventually be what they get out, even if it takes some time.