1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I work in Risk and control for treasury services. We carry out testing to comply with regulatory authorities. We do this by looking at different teams processes and what risk they may create to the bank, the testing we carry out helps identify these risks and we plan how to mitigate them.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have definetly improved my excel skills with the help of many more experience colleagues. I have also improved my communication skills as my confidence as vastly change.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I think the program is brilliant, the people you work with are very helpful and are very good at passing on their knowledge. The schools team are very supportive with both your job and the exam/competency side and the structure of 4 days a week working and 1 day learning is really good.
4. How valued do you feel by J.P. Morgan?
I feel very valued in that people feel we are an asset to the company and they always say it is good to have a pair of fresh eyes to look at things that are currently done and freshnew ideas.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The 4 day working and 1 day learning is very well structured and the schools team are very organised.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
The training provider is very supportive and is easily contactable
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
The schools team are extremely supportive with work and exams/competency whenever you have an issue.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
The salary is very good if you live at home, if you move down it can be slightly harder.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are loads of team building activities outside work and things such as fun runs and team nights out
9. Would you recommend J.P. Morgan to a friend?
I have enjoyed the program and love my new job
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to J.P. Morgan?
Always be yourself and be honest with your capabilities as people are there to help you. and Apply quickly !
More from J.P. MorganMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!