1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
I am an application developer working in a Agile Scrumm team, this involves me doing anything from building new code to updating user documentation and organising meetings with users. However, day to day I am usually building new components using JAVA, HTML or JAVA Script
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
I have learned how to code in JAVA, HTML, JAVA Script and XML. Also, I can now comfortably navigate both Mainframes and UNIX boxes, I also now have a good knowledge base of LINUX commands. I have learned how to adjust to a working lifestyle. I have continuously developed my networking (people0 skills.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I enjoy my job and working at JP Morgan. I enjoy the culture of JP Morgan, from the friendliness of everyone on campus to the many volunteering opportunities.
4. How valued do you feel by J.P. Morgan?
I feel like a normal employee, I have never felt inferior in any way.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
Very well organised, howeever some new processess have been introduced to find better ways. This was also well organised and I knew exactly what was happening.
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
Support is good when I need it. You're almost always gurenteed to recieve a reply within 24 hours, uually imediatly.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
Again, support is available from multiple places, it is always available when I need it.
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
Personally I have a lot of disposable income, however, it would be a lot less if I did not still live at home.
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
There are a lot of opportunities. Everything from sporting activities to charitable events.
9. Would you recommend J.P. Morgan to a friend?
The education and training is good, it is a very respectable company. The pay is very good for an apprenticeship and you have a very good chance of developing a carreer at the end.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to J.P. Morgan?
JP Morgan is looking for smart friendly people with many different talents. But, you do need to work hard in order to achieve your goals.
More from J.P. MorganMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!