Application Developer at J.P. Morgan

Bournmouth

8.9/10

I am an application developer working in a Agile Scrumm team, this involves me doing anything from building new code to updating user documentation and organising meetings with users. However, day to day I am usually building new components using JAVA, HTML or JAVA Script

I have learned how to code in JAVA, HTML, JAVA Script and XML. Also, I can now comfortably navigate both Mainframes and UNIX boxes, I also now have a good knowledge base of LINUX commands. I have learned how to adjust to a working lifestyle. I have continuously developed my networking (people0 skills.

I enjoy my job and working at JP Morgan. I enjoy the culture of JP Morgan, from the friendliness of everyone on campus to the many volunteering opportunities.

4. How valued do you feel by J.P. Morgan?

I feel like a normal employee, I have never felt inferior in any way.

Very well organised, howeever some new processess have been introduced to find better ways. This was also well organised and I knew exactly what was happening.

Support is good when I need it. You're almost always gurenteed to recieve a reply within 24 hours, uually imediatly.

Again, support is available from multiple places, it is always available when I need it.

Personally I have a lot of disposable income, however, it would be a lot less if I did not still live at home.

There are a lot of opportunities. Everything from sporting activities to charitable events.

9a. Would you recommend J.P. Morgan to a friend? *

The education and training is good, it is a very respectable company. The pay is very good for an apprenticeship and you have a very good chance of developing a carreer at the end.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to J.P. Morgan? *

JP Morgan is looking for smart friendly people with many different talents. But, you do need to work hard in order to achieve your goals.