Security Settlements team at J.P. Morgan

Bournemouth
5th May 2015

7.2/10

I work in the operations side of the Bournemouth Campus. My department is collateral and i work in Security settlments. I deal with company and client bonds.

Not only have i learnt the new skills required for my role and develop these on a daily basis, i have also got the chance to develop my interpersonal skills which are extremely useful in any working environment. My role requires me to rely on others and vice versa, so i have learnt to become more of a team player.

I feel i have been given the perfect role to suit me and how i work, and this is down to how my apprenticeship leaders have assessed and evaluated my strenghs and weaknesses during the hiring process. Not only this, i get the opportunity to study for a qualificaiton as well.

4. How valued do you feel by J.P. Morgan?

I thought this would be an issue when i first joined JPM as the company's global scale means there are so many headcount, so to feel valued as an individual would be slightly difficult. However, as soon as i joined my team i felt extremely valued. Everyone including senior managers were there to help me out and help me to settle in.

Very well Organised. Both the studying side and the job itself are organised well to the point that i feel i can balance both comfortably if i put in the required work.

A sufficient amount. We receive emails regarding any due dates/ work required and the online lecture's we receive are to a high standard

The support we get from JPM is endless. However sometimes you do need to ask for it. If you were struggling with a deadline of piece of work someone is always there to help you just need to reach out to them.

Enough to cover all my necessities as well as left over spending money for luxuries.

I am yet to explore the opportunities outside of work

9a. Would you recommend J.P. Morgan to a friend? *

Great company to work for. They set you up for life, i have learnt so many new skills. Not only this the JPM benefits that are given to us are seocnd to none.

10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to J.P. Morgan? *

Learn a bit more about the specific departments at JPM, dont just rely on the website. You are able to email people to get more of an insight and i would recommend this