1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis:
Training to be a control engineer, therefore work within the Jaguar paint shop where the engineers are used as high level maintenance. We control, monitor and edit the software within the paint shop and fix any faults as and when they appear.
2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
Yes i have learnt many new skills especially in electrical and mechanical maintenance, and have also learnt skills in management, teamwork and presentation.
3. To what extent do you enjoy your programme?
I very much enjoy my programme and feel it is a brilliant opportu nity for me.
4. How valued do you feel by Jaguar Land Rover?
Since joining the paint shop i do feel valued by the company as i have been given many tasks to do which are/were very important from a business perspective.
5. How well organised/structured is your programme?
The programme was not well organised from the outset but as the programme as gone on the apprentice management team have become much more organised and have implemented more structure to the programme
6a. How much support do you receive from your training provider?
we do receive support from our ITM's but i do feel the support from Warwick University is limited.
6b. How much support do you receive from your employer?
receive a good amount of support from my manager as well as all other staff within the paint shop
7. How well does your salary/package meet your costs?
the salary received as part of this programme is excellent
8. Are there many opportunities outside of work?
there a a few opportunities available but due to sheer number of people working for JLR they are difficult to get onto.
9. Would you recommend Jaguar Land Rover to a friend?
very good company to work for who are constantly on the up.
10. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Jaguar Land Rover?
due to sheer number of people applying for jobs getting one is very difficult so to do so you need to distinguish yourself from the crowd. I would help person with what to expect from the application process and any experience opportunities the company may have available.
More from Jaguar Land RoverMore Reviews Company Profile
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!