Control Engineer Higher Apprentice at Jaguar Land Rover

Birmingham

7.8/10

Training to be a control engineer, therefore work within the Jaguar paint shop where the engineers are used as high level maintenance. We control, monitor and edit the software within the paint shop and fix any faults as and when they appear.

Yes i have learnt many new skills especially in electrical and mechanical maintenance, and have also learnt skills in management, teamwork and presentation.

I very much enjoy my programme and feel it is a brilliant opportu nity for me.

Since joining the paint shop i do feel valued by the company as i have been given many tasks to do which are/were very important from a business perspective.

The programme was not well organised from the outset but as the programme as gone on the apprentice management team have become much more organised and have implemented more structure to the programme

we do receive support from our ITM's but i do feel the support from Warwick University is limited.

receive a good amount of support from my manager as well as all other staff within the paint shop

the salary received as part of this programme is excellent

there a a few opportunities available but due to sheer number of people working for JLR they are difficult to get onto.

very good company to work for who are constantly on the up.

due to sheer number of people applying for jobs getting one is very difficult so to do so you need to distinguish yourself from the crowd. I would help person with what to expect from the application process and any experience opportunities the company may have available.